Your instructor may also allow you to use websites as sources in your research.
The video below shows how to apply research techniques for more relevant results. Ask yourself, Who? What? Where? When? and Why? to evaluate the websites for
- Purpose: Why was it created?
- Authority: What are the author’s credentials?
- Scope/Coverage: What does it include and leave out?
- Accuracy: Is the information provided correct?
- Currency: When was it created or last updated?
- Objectivity: What is the author’s or sponsor’s point of view?
Check out the CRAAP Test from CSU Chico Meriam Library that looks at Currrency, Relevancy, Authority, Accuracy, and Purpose of websites.