Library 106 - Library Technology Internship
Prerequisite: Completion of Library Technology Certificate courses:
For unpaid internships: a minimum of 60 hours is required for academic credit.
For paid internships: a minimum of 75 hours is required for academic credit
Fall/Spring: a minimum of 4 hours per week for 16 weeks. Summer session: 4.5- 8 hours per week depending on the duration.
Consult with the Library Technology Program Coordinator in advance, 6-8 weeks prior to the term of the internship.
Contact: Joanna Chen Cham, firstname.lastname@example.org, (626) 585-7820
The internship may include (but is not limited to) such experiences as:
• Process library and media materials for public use.
• Perform simple mending of library/media materials.
• Catalog simple library materials utilizing online bibliographic utilities.
• Compile statistical reports and write work procedures.
• Retrieve information from basic reference materials.
• Evaluate reference questions for appropriate responses.
• Verify bibliographic information and perform other searches for acquisitions.
• Assist librarians with library programs, activities or projects.
• Assist with patron holds, book deliveries, sorting and re-shelving library materials